Saturday, October 27, 2007

Change of Pace


I have a quick post today and it isn’t football related.

I have a friend that used to go to school with me at CCSU. His name was Chris Barone and he’s the drummer for a band named The Smyrk. These guys have always been good, but lately, they’ve started to gain some notoriety as well. They recorded their last album with the bass player from Incubus.

Now, they are in a contest on MTV. The Dew Circuit Breakout is something that the network has been doing for the past few years. Unsigned bands are eligible. Literally, I could have submitted a CD of myself playing the triangle or xylophone (and I should have). But anyway, thousands of bands entered and MTV’s talent judges voted The Smyrk into the top 12!!!

Now it’s up to the fans. The next cut down is to 6. The winner gets industry help from the network. That’s pretty big. Past winners include Yellowcard, Hawthorne Heights, Hellogoodbye, and Taking Back Sunday.

You can check these guys out and vote for them if you like them. There is no limit to the number of votes you can cast either.

These guys deserve anything good that comes their way. They are a great band and are really down to earth people too.

I’ll be back tomorrow with my Raiders vs. Titans preview.

No comments: